Tissue engineering involves the use of combination of cells, engineering materials and suitable biochemical factors and optimised environment to develop new tissue or organs repair, improve or replace the biological functions of damaged tissue or organs with additional clinical procedures. Though the roots of tissue engineering are dated back to several centuries, the field is actively growing since last three decades. Tissue engineering is considerably being used in clinical procedures today with good and growing amount of success percentage.
Tissue engineering is being an interdisciplinary field and is being fueled by cell biology, material engineering, nanotechnology and biochemical. The development of these fields also motivating the growth in tissue engineering.
Tissue engineering is holding the promise of full filling the organ demands for transplantation and therefore helps in reducing the risks of organ rejection, immune suppression, illegal organ trading etc. Apart from regenerative medicine, tissue engineering also possess promising applications in the food sector through artificial meat production, which is becoming essential for sustainability in food production, reducing animal husbandry and related environmental issues.
Many academic and research institutions in developing countries are focusing on developing knowledge and research in the sector. The industry is also utilising the focus and started to focus more on manufacturing and supplying the essentials for accelerating the research in the sector, whereas another part of industry has started to commit them in producing tissues and organs which could trigger the clinical implementation.
We identify the subject as more important frontier field and hence we bring this course the learners who really want to be a part of the development aura which eventually take the mankind to next level.
- The course is suitable for any learner who wants to learn and explore the subject stream of tissue engineering.
- The course is suitable for interdisciplinary researchers who want to learn fundamentals about tissue engineering to improve their current research works.
- The course is suitable for the professionals of medical and paramedical field, who want to learn about stem cells in order to improve their knowledge and to provide effective counselling to the clients on the same.
- The course is suitable for the professionals who have got placement or about to get job in industries related to stem cell banking, tissue banking, cell culturing, scaffolds suppliers, cell and tissue culture related chemical and equipment manufacturers and suppliers.
- The course is suitable for learners who have tissue engineering, organ engineering, stem cells or regenerative medicine as elective in their academic curriculum and want to get fundamental knowledge on the same to excel in their elective subject examination.
|Course duration||30 days|
|Medium of instruction||English|
Regenerative medicine has the potential to transform health care, enabling us to effectively treat many areas of unmet medical need where current forms of medicine are largely ineffective. This will allow us to help many patients, as well as make health care more cost effective.
- Introduction to cell, tissue and organ systems
- Tissue architecture
- Tissue engineering
- Applications of tissue engineering
- Ethics and Current trends in tissue engineering
- Post Doc, PhD. and M.Phil. in science and engineering (related to life science)
- MBBS, MD, BDS, MVsc
- M.Pharm and B.Pharm
- M.Tech., M.E., B.E. and B.Tech., in engineering and technology (related to Biology and medical relevant)
- M.Sc. and B.Sc. in science (related to Biology or basic sciences)
Course fee details
Course fee is applicable for the programme.
Our course fee varies based on your country, as well as based on the eCertificate or hard copy certificate preference, extended course duration or extended learning support etc.
Our alumni will be getting part of the fee waiver too.
Hence we request you to apply for the programme to get the exact fee amount.
Our online course fees starts from INR 999. The fee vary based on your country as well as the features you are expecting in your course of interest. We are always happy to serve the best. Feel free to interact with our admission counsellor. Click here to request a call back.