Applied nanotechnology is an evolving arena which involves the nano role in various disciplines, such as agriculture, medicine, food, other consumer products, etc. The scope of nano is widely increasing in the consumer products; nano has started occupying substantial places in our lifestyle. The understanding of nanotechnology has an immense role in developing a strong career in the field. Diploma course in applied nanotechnology is developed for the learners who want to extend their theoretical understanding on the subject. The course is suitable for those who want to explore nanotechnology and its wide applications. The course provides an opportunity to meet academic, research and industrial experts in our BioLim Varsity online campus. The course also aims to develop the learners by involving them in various levels of learning process through cloud.Course code
BOC006Modules in brief
Fundamentals and scope of nanotechnology
Science of nanomaterials
Instrumentation in nanotechnology
Synthesis and applications of nanomaterials
Toxicological issues related to nanomaterials
Essential ethical practices relevant to nanotechnology
Current global scenario of applied nanotechnology
- The course helps to understand the basics of nanotechnology.
- The course gives the essential knowledge required for developing a professional career in the nanofield.
- Through the course, learners can explore more about the applications of nano in different sectors.
- The theoretical knowledge perceived provides a base for the learners to develop reasoning ability in nanoscience that is very essential for further higher research in the sector.
- The learners who are pursuing or who have completed graduation in science field can choose the course.
- The course focuses more on nanobiomaterials. Hence, the course will be applicable to the learners from life science sector.
3 monthsScoring pattern
Examination - 50%
Assignments - 30%
Attendance - 10%
Active participation in learning - 5%
Successful completion of course period on time - 5%
PhD & Post-graduates in Science and Engineering (including M.Phil)
Undergraduates in Science and Engineering (those who had completed first year)
Rs. 5000/-Mode of study