Blood-repellent surfaces are needed in medical devices that come in contact with blood which include implants that are placed in the human body, such as artificial valves and stents, and also medical devices that are used to handle blood outside the patient, for example, diagnostics, blood bags, and dialysis devices. The older approach is to use different types of antithrombotic surface treatments, such as heparin, to prevent blood coagulation. However, these coatings are prone to wear off and hence not viable. Nanotechnology can give an effective solution for this through producing blood repellency via micro and nanostructures instead of a biochemical coating. Blood is a challenging liquid to repel and many R&D works in developing biomedical devices are facing this challenge. This is a frontier sector where many research scopes are available.
- This training programme is suitable for undergraduate and postgraduate learners.
- It is suitable for those who wish to expand their basic knowledge in microbiology.
- It is suitable for those who wish to refresh their microbiology career after a break.
|Programme duration||2 days|
- Producing nanoparticles in the green synthesis methodology using hydrothermal reactor
- Evaluate the hydrophobicity of the nanomaterials
- Applying the nanoparticles to coat biomedical devices
- Evaluate the blood repellent efficiency
- The applicant should be a citizen of India.
- The applicant should be having or pursuing a degree in the stream of science and technology in any government approved institution/college/university.
- The age of the applicant should have been 18 years on the joining date.
- The age of the applicant should not exceed 49 at the time of joining.
Upcoming batch start date
28, October, 2022
Early bird registration closing on
30, September, 2022
Programme fee details
Fee is applicable for the programme. The fee varies based on the programme, group participation and alumni status. Hence we request you to apply for the programme to get the exact training fee amount.
We charge fees for the learners who opt for our training programme. The fee is collected for covering the services rendered including training, cloud access, basic lab utilities, evaluation, certification services etc.
Programme venue (Partner laboratory)
True Amigo, KK Nagar, Chennai, TN, India